Step 1: Verify your PayPal account
Login to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.co.uk
To get Verified, PayPal asks you to provide your debit or credit card or bank or funding details. They then make sure that you are in control of your bank account or card, which helps to prevent fraud such as identity theft. Verification also enables you to:
- Send and receive as many PayPal payments as you like
- Easily withdraw more money from your PayPal account to your bank account
To gain Verified status, please follow the few simple steps outlined below.
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on the 'Get Verified' link under the title 'Activate Account'
- Enter your bank details and review our Direct Debit agreement
- PayPal will then deposit two small amounts into your bank account within five working days. Please make a note of these amounts
- Log in to your PayPal account and tell us what these two amounts are
Step 2: Adjust your PayPal account settings to accept payments through your Swifty site
Once you have logged in select Profile from the main menu option under My Account
Click on My Selling preferences, find API access and click Update
Now, select the option Grant API Permission in the far left hand box
Enter andy.muldoon_api1.greenlightpower.net in the required field and click Lookup
Tick the following check boxes and click Add:
A page confirming third party access will be shown:
Step 3: Enable and configure your IPN to ensure your site recognises all orders
|Under My Selling preferences , find Instant Payment Notification and click Update
- Follow the instructions on screen to enable Instant Payment Notifications
- Finally Enable "Receive IPN messages" and click save
- You will be required to set up a notification URL which will be personal to you and should look like the following...
To generate your own personal notification URL:
- Go to your home page and and look at your site URL at the top of your browser. If you see "/engine/shop" at the end then please use the bottom of the two URLs, otherwise please use the top one. If in doubt please use the top one.
- Then go to your checkout pages and you should see the URL at the top of your browser change to something like https://YOURSITE.gplshops.com, only instead of saying YOURSITE it will say a prefix specific to your site. Please use this prefix in place of YOURSITE in the URL you chose in step 1 to generate your personal notification URL.
- Please note that your notification URL should begin http:// and not https://
Step 4: Adjust your Swifty platform Payment Method settings
Login to the Swifty platform control panel at http://www.admin.gplshops.com
Go to Settings > Manage Payment Methods and click the Add Payment Method button
Select the option to add PayPal and click the next button
Enter the Payment Method name and email address registered to your PayPal account, then click Done
To check whether PayPal Express Checkout has been integrated successfully or not, please click on the 'Validate PayPal Integration' button.
PayPal Express Checkout has now been successfully added to your Swifty account and will be available on your website when you are ready to publish it.