How-To: How to setup Ukash Payment Method
|Important note for developers and shop owners who use bespoke templates:
To use Ukash as a payment method you must have the generic template version 11 installed (or greater). Please see Template Version Control for more information on the generic template version.
1. You must have a Merchant Account with Ukash. If you don’t have one, please apply for it by completing the Ukash Partner KYC v2 6 E-commerce only.doc and then creating a new case here on the Success Centre. Please note, it may take up to 7 working days for an application to be processed before you get an e-MID from Ukash if you are a newly registered company.
2. Your Ukash Merchant Account must be configured to support the currency selected for your shop.
3. If you have a Merchant Account with Ukash, please complete the Ukash connector application form and raise a ticket here in your customer portal to ask us to process it for you.
4. Important! Once the Ukash connector application form has been submitted to the Powa support team, please add the Ukash payment method for your website (please see Steps to complete below) so that the PowaWEB Support team can activate the payment method for you. It may take up to 2 working days before the account is fully active and your shop can start accepting payments by Ukash voucher redemption.
To set up a Ukash payment method for your website, please login to your PowaWEB control panel and complete the following steps:
Go to Settings > Manage Payment Methods > Add Payment Method, select POWAPAY/Ukash option and click Next
Step 2The Payment Method's Name is what your front end customers will see during the checkout on the Order summary page.
The checkbox named ‘Display Payment Method to the customer during checkout’ will appear greyed out until the payment method has been activated for you by the PowaWEB support team. Once a Ukash payment method is active, please check this checkbox for this payment method to appear on the front end during the checkout.
Below is a screenshot for the same screen once a payment method is activated.- There are no settings for the Authorization mode because payments by Ukash vouchers are accepted instantly.
- 3D secure settings are also not present in the payment method configuration, because Ukash vouchers are prepaid.
The changes to the Control Panel that relate to a payment by Ukash voucher redemption include:
- The Edit Order dialog screen/Order details and Order history tabs will display a Ukash Transaction reference
- The invoices will display a Ukash Transaction reference
- The Edit Order dialog screen/Order details, Payment and Refund dropdown/Accept Payment, Reject Payment and Check for Payment options will be disabled. This is because payments made by Ukash voucher redemption are instant and require no further actions. Only a full refund can be performed.
Front-end changes and the customer journey
When a customer gets to the checkout/Order summary page, they will see an option to pay using a Ukash voucher. Once this payment option has been selected, the customer is redirected to the Ukash website to redeem their Ukash voucher(s).
The customer will be asked to enter a 19-digit Ukash PIN – all Ukash vouchers are one-use only. When a Ukash voucher is used for payment, change may be issued in the form of another Ukash voucher, which will be the difference between the customer’s payment amount and the voucher value. The new voucher will have a new value associated to it and may be used for new purchases, or combined with other unused vouchers to increase the value.
If change is issued to the customer, a new Ukash PIN, value and Use By date are displayed on the Ukash website screen for the customer to print or write down. The information about issued change is not provided to the customer as part of the order details on your shop.
After making a successful payment, a customer gets automatically redirected back to your shop to the order confirmation page and an order confirmation email is sent to the customer (depending on your shop settings).