Visitors to your website will view products in list form via the Category menu, Brands Menu or Search results.
When the visitor accesses a Category Page, Brands Page or Search Results page a product sort section is provided to allow customers to sort products to their requirements.
Some rules apply on how the Product Sort section works:
1. The Brands drop down menu is not displayed on the individual Brand page (*)
2. The Brands drop down menu is not displayed if there are no Brands present for the shop (*)
3. When a visitor navigates to a category page, the Brands drop down menu displays only the brands that are applied to products listed for that category page/search results list (*)
(*) - This drop down is only available for bespoke templates that have the generic template version id < 9 . Both standard templates and bespoke templates that have the generic template version id = 9 or greater don't have this drop down due to Product Search improvements. See Template Version Control for more information on the generic template version.
4. The visitor can determine how Products are displayed in the list order by selecting from one of the Sort options:
- Price: low to high
- Price: high to low
- Name (sorting by Name ascending)
- SKU (sorting by SKU ascending)
- Best Match (selected by default and is only available on the Product Search Results page)
5. The "Best Match" criteria is outlined in a separate article: Attraqt Product Search